Nokia Beta Labs have released an updated version of Ovi Maps for Mobile v3.06. This updated Beta brings with it some great enhancement and new features but the most significant addition is the new ‘Update’ feature. The Update option has been added to the main screen and lets you download street maps directly to your device without the need of a PC. Hit the jump for the full changelog and to test out this beta.
New Ovi Maps for Mobile v3.06 Changelog
- Download street maps directly to your device! A new feature called “Update” on the main menu which allows you download Street Maps directly (via WiFi) to your phone without a PC!
- My Position and Search are now integrated (now called Map). When accessed, it will show your last map view
- Back button in Favourites
- Long tap functionality to delete & rename collections & routes
- Pop up for first time use – to inform user to download new map data (when upgrading 3.04 > 3.06 for the first time)
- Improved behaviours of transit lines settings in map toolbox (no more grey out)
- Compass calibration hint
- Refreshed place details information view
You can download the New Ovi Maps for Mobile v3.06 Beta using the links below.Tags | Applications, Breaking News, GPS, Navigation, Nokia, Ovi Maps, S60 5th Edition, Software Update, Symbian^3, Touch UI