The Nokia 5230 has received a new firmware update taking it to v11.0.079. The S60 5th Edition device has a 3.2″ resistive touch screen on a bright nHD 640 x 360 pixels display, a 2 megapixel camera and comes in a wide range of eye-catching colours. New firmware updates generally contain bug fixes and optimizations necessary for other software to perform correctly, therefore we recommend you always keep your device up to date. Check out the rest of the details along with the full changelog after the break.
How To Update:
To get this software through your device using FOTA (Firmware Over-The-Air), type in *#0000# on the home screen or go to Device Manager. Select Options > Check for updates and follow the on screen prompts. Additionally this software release is available via the NSU (Nokia Software Updater) and also via the Nokia Ovi Suite. Although the Nokia 5230 supports UDP (User Data Preservation), we still recommend you do a full backup to ensure you do not lose any data.
Changelog for the Nokia 5230 v11.0.079 Firmware:
- Camera : logical name “qtn_lcam_cmd_rename_image” (Rename image) displays in Options.
- Calibration UI text layout is out of range
- Chat messages goes to wrong window
- Sometimes it is difficult to close the details pop-up
- Active voice call + proximity activation + turning of the device, to cause black display
- Mail for Exchange is “uncertified” for Simon HW variants
- MFE: Some items of Options in MFE can not be localized to Chinese.
- Contacts: New contact doesn’t add to the home screen after adding a photo to the contact.
- Games in wrong folder after backup restore
- OVI contacts:The order of the E-mail address is displayed incorrectly when adding friend in OVI contacts.
- Phone responds “Installer already in use” when trying to install applications
- Album art cannot be viewed if changed with music player (Huriganes)
- Unable to create MfE account into phone
- UI: Welcome logo is not displayed completely after rebooting.